I would like to take this opportunity to welcome QFirst Sports to our school. QFirst (Quality First Specialist Sports Coaching) provide the very best in sports coaching which is delivered by enthusiastic coaches. QFirst Sports objectives aim to;
- Encourage children to adopt healthier lifestyles from an early age
- Increase the number of young people enjoying and regularly participating in PE and sport!
- Instil children with the confidence to take on new roles and try different activities!
- Help young people with a desire to achieve in PE and sport realise their ambitions
- Identify individual talent and signpost to local clubs
- Support and work with teachers to provide a consistent framework for PE and sport
- Maintain and monitor CPD with all QFirstSports coaches
- Offer sports based community Holiday Clubs for children with working parents
Across the year, the coaches will work with year groups Y1-Y6 at different times during their PE sessions to support the class teachers to deliver high quality teaching to our children. They will also be providing sporting activities after school for all year groups, ranging from YR to Y6. Activities will include basketball, athletics and dance. Letters will be sent out at different stages across the year for the children to sign up for if they are interested. Netball and football sessions will still run on a Tuesday after school by myself and Mr Evans. Look out for photos and blogs to show what the children have been getting up to this term.
Finally, QFirst will be working closely with Miss Costin and the Before and After School Club, to provide sporting opportunities for the children who wish to take part. Look out for the Before and After school club blogs to find out how the children have been getting on. The children will start tonight with their first session, multi-sports!